Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my passenger side wiper started "missing" a spot about 6 inches winde in the middle of the blade. I replaced theblade and the problem persists. Based on a different post I suspect there may have been road debris damage to the wiper, or some such trauma, or perhaps there is some kind of bolt or nut loosening that maintains the downward pressure on the blade. Anybody have any experience or suggestions? Thx

· Registered
2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe ,CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
2,580 Posts
Check that the nut which secures the arm is tight. It would be very rare for it to be loose.
Check that the arm is straight , it should not be curved.
You could also try polishing the windscreen with car polish , and then some wax.

· Registered
2005 Mercedes CLK320 2008 Mercedes E550 2013 Mercedes E63 AMG
736 Posts
The wiper has one connection point to the wiper arm. So, if it is leaving a section in the middle without contact, the wiper arm is not properly aligned with the windshield.

Has the wiper arm been damaged or removed in the recent past?

· Registered
CLK C209 2006, C 204 2008, CLA 117 2014
66 Posts
The linkage mechanism of the wiper arm hosts a small bearing that with age gets loose, basically due to bending of the aluminium link which is under spring stress. If you can straighten the aluminium linkage with extreme care or it will crack and fix the bearing in place with some locktite and/or dents on the aluminium casing around the bearing, then it may be repaired. Otherwise you will need a replacement wiper linkage. I changed the linkage on my clk twice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts