Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1996 E320, 2005 Toyota Camry
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The resevoir if full, the motor roars away, but nothing comes out on the windshield. The nozzles are full of corrosion, so I tried the sewing needle thing, poking down the nozzle as far as I could and got a good squirt out of one nozzle, then nothing, period. Anyone know what I can do to get the corrosion out of the system? Thanks.
Hemersam

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Will I ever learn to proof-read my posts? It's "reservoir," and it's a "pump," not a "motor. Duh! And to think my mother was an English teacher!!!

Hemersam

·
Registered
93 190E 2.3, 94 E320 (sold), 01 E320, 99 S320, 18 Durango
4,983 Posts
It happened to my car before and it was the rubber tubes getting loose from behind the nozzle and another time the tube was disconnected from the pump, so check both ends.

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.6,.... 1998 ML320, 2005 ML500SE
3,103 Posts
Will I ever learn to proof-read my posts? It's "reservoir," and it's a "pump," not a "motor. Duh! And to think my mother was an English teacher!!!

Hemersam
That's what the EDIT function is for. If you are fast enough you can correct your errors and no one will be the wiser.

You will need to flush all the contamination out of your hoses. Try disconnecting the hoses at the nozzles and run the motor, I mean pump, to flush out the hoses. Then try reverse flushing the nozzles with clean water or just blowing air into the nozzles.
Mike

·
IR MODERATOR
1996 Volvo 855GLT, 1993 MB 190e 2.3 8v, 1998 Subaru Outback SUS, 1991 BMW 525, 1998 MB C230
9,228 Posts
unplug the hose at the splitter and try out the sprayer and see if washer fluid comes out. if not replace the motor if so replace the nozzles.

·
Registered
'87--190E 2.3-16v(being rebuilt), '99--C230 Kompressor
3,488 Posts
instead of using a needle...try using a drill bit and spinning it in there, it ill get out all the crust and crude...and it's alot longer then a needle

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ww

A thought: since water mixed with a little baking soda powder will clean the corrosion off battery terminals, would filling the reservoir with this mixture and continuosly pumping the stuff through the lines eventually clean it out? Just a thought, but maybe worth trying?
Hemersam
P.S. I don't have any way of using high pressure to blow it out, nor do I have any drills around.
P.S. 2. Does this post translate, "amateur?" I confess.

·
IR MODERATOR
1996 Volvo 855GLT, 1993 MB 190e 2.3 8v, 1998 Subaru Outback SUS, 1991 BMW 525, 1998 MB C230
9,228 Posts
just get new nozzles. it could be the corrosion near the heating element causing a blockage. the part is 15 from autohaus. like i said before pull the hose at the hinge and spray to see if anything comes out, just because the motor makes noise doesnt mean its working..

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
At first the nozzles on my 190E did not work properly. Right side was okay in one nozzle (there are two per side) but the other was kaput.

Left side was barely working.

Grabbed my probe and started poking around and also grabbed a brush to clean up any built up wax in the hole. Took the opportunity to test the system when it was raining here.

After a while the two started squirting water out. Problem now is the left side is weaker than the right side. I have the parts to replace both nozzles just no idea how, seems they're imbedded in the hood pretty well.

Are the nozzles heated too?

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
At first the nozzles on my 190E did not work properly. Right side was okay in one nozzle (there are two per side) but the other was kaput.

Left side was barely working.

Grabbed my probe and started poking around and also grabbed a brush to clean up any built up wax in the hole. Took the opportunity to test the system when it was raining here.

After a while the two started squirting water out. Problem now is the left side is weaker than the right side. I have the parts to replace both nozzles just no idea how, seems they're imbedded in the hood pretty well.

Are the nozzles heated too?
yes they are heated

Good question, MBeige: how do we get the nozzles out?
Hemersam

open the hood, theres 2 holes under the hood where the nozzles are and you will see the spring clip thing and all you need to do is release the spring.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts