Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
After I returned from my latest service from M/B I noticed my W/W asher isn't spraying on the windshield but rather inside the engine compartment on the cabin filter. I suspect a
broken or detached hose but the hoses aren't accessible unless the grill in the hood can be removed. How can I remove the hood grill which contains the nozzles? Oh its a 2007
CLK 350 conv.

Registered
If I recall correctly there were 2 or 4 torx screws, and once those are gone the grill is held in place with a handful of metal clips - which need to be carefully lifted - and then the grill will pop out. Just be gentle not to scratch the paint.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
There doesn't appear to be any screws visible. The only thing I see from the top of the hood is a circular 'button' in the center of the grill
Coulc the screws be under the insulating blanket fastened to the underside of the hood. I peaked under the passenger side of this blanket and it looks like
plain metal which gave me the idea that the grill must come off. I looked thru the grill with a flashlight and can see nothing much less clips.????

Registered
Open the hood right up vertical to the service position. From the underside the screws are visible on both sides ,,in the sections where the rain water drips through to the plastic shields.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts