Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While detailing the C320 this morning my husband refilled the washer tank and much to his dismay it was leaking on the garage floor shortly thereafter. We already had the tank replaced once for leaking. It appears this time the attachment point from where the plastic neck of the tank attaches near the grill failed (plastic broken, bottom of fastener missing) And the top of the tank is just shaking in the breeze. Has anyone else had this problem with washer tanks. I can't believe MB can't make a decent tank/attachment system. <br>
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Your description sounds exactly what happened to my C320 but I didn't loose any fluid. 'Repl washer bottle filler neck 203-869-00-17' The replacement was not tightened down all the way with the holding screw and I think on purpose. How do you know when you've put enough washer fluid in? It can't be that once it starts backing up the neck you know it's full....is it? I haven't had to use the windshield washer yet but I've only had the car 30K miles and 17 months.

·
Registered
5 Posts
same here

Just got my C320 back from the dealer. They had to replace the windshield washer reservoir because it cracked. I had an E430 for the loaner.. nice, too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
;662594 said:
While detailing the C320 this morning my husband refilled the washer tank and much to his dismay it was leaking on the garage floor shortly thereafter. We already had the tank replaced once for leaking. It appears this time the attachment point from where the plastic neck of the tank attaches near the grill failed (plastic broken, bottom of fastener missing) And the top of the tank is just shaking in the breeze. Has anyone else had this problem with washer tanks. I can't believe MB can't make a decent tank/attachment system. <br>
Thanks for the input.
WATER IS LEAKING FROM PUMP OF WINDOW WASHER BOTTLE OF 2006 C180 MERC COMP - SEEMS TO BE THE SEAL WHERE PUMP IS FITTED TO THE WATER BOTTLE.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,338 Posts
That's a very common failure. However, make sure it's not the pump itself. I replaced the seal on my CLK only to find the pump was the culprit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts