Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My washer fluid lasts literally like 5 months now and I barely use it. The nozzles seem to be spraying properly at my windshield. I look under the soaking hood insulation and see dried crusty windshield washer fluid. Is there any way to get rid of the stupid heated fluid as it is useless in my situation. I heard the 89 w124s didn't have it and it is a serious fire hazard.

·
Registered
W124
4,701 Posts
'89 did have it. You could just replace the hoses and disconnect the nozzle heater wire. That should take care of the leak and avoid a smoking engine compartment one day very soon.

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
'89 did have it. You could just replace the hoses and disconnect the nozzle heater wire. That should take care of the leak and avoid a smoking engine compartment one day very soon.
So I should just leave the coolant heater pipe in my windshield washer resivoir? Also where exactly do I unplug the nozzle heater wire?

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bypass that heater element. Just pull the whole thing out and toss it.
OK I'm being stupid I bet, but how exactly do I bypass it? there is this coil which coolant flows through into my reservoir and then there are wires and pipes in my hood that go to the nozzles, why do the nozzles have electricity in them if the washer fluid is heated?

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
16,860 Posts
Join the 2 hoses that at the top of the coil element, thus bypassing said coil.

The purpose of the coil is to keep the windshield washer bottle from freezing and breaking.

The nozzles are electrically heated to prevent them from freezing when the windshield washer function is activated

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Join the 2 hoses that at the top of the coil element, thus bypassing said coil.

The purpose of the coil is to keep the windshield washer bottle from freezing and breaking.

The nozzles are electrically heated to prevent them from freezing when the windshield washer function is activated
Thanks for telling me how to bypass those hoses, do you also recommend unplugging the nozzles in the hood completely?

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
16,860 Posts
Just leave the nozzles in place unless you want to see 2 holes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts