Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made more than a few stabs at the copy of the EPC i have (too bad no longer free online!) but can't seem to find the part number of the trim piece that goes on the top of the windshield. Not sure if changed over the years but would be for an '88.

Can someone with more parts catalog talent that i have give me a part number for this? I assume NLA but would like to replace mine due to the normal dents from a bad hardtop replacement event(s) and a part number would sure help the search.

Attachments

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,472 Posts
107 688 03 40. It is in section 68 Covering and Lining, Sub Group 180 Instrument Panel, Item 173. Must make sense to some weird person that organized the EPC.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
107 688 03 40. It is in section 68 Covering and Lining, Sub Group 180 Instrument Panel, Item 173. Must make sense to some weird person that organized the EPC.
Thanks rowdie!

Never would have thought to look in that section of the EPC! But there it is.

Also explains why nobody can find the little grommets for the top pins. How it makes sense to associate these parts with the instrument panel is totally beyond me. Some German MB engineer thinking "Fick sie alle. Mein kleiner Witz macht mich glücklich."

If we ever meet. Totally owe you a beer.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
CavallinoRed
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing