Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my SLK in at a dealer for windshield replacement and as they were getting into it, i get a call from the service advisor saying they need to replace the rain sensor and do not have the part until tomorrow; supposedly an oversight. So my question is, does it in fact have to be replaced every time, or did they possibly break it and not want to admit it and are they feeding me a line? It puts me out another day on transportation...[:(!][:(!][:(!]

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was actually just by the dealership and they put me in a nice "c" class until they have mine ready tomorrow...I can live with a lot if people make good for situations...[:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
SLK 350
28 Posts
Motzkoman,

About a month or so ago, I got a big crack on my windshield and took it back to Smythe for replacement. When I got my car back the command screen is not reacting to the light, so I took it back to Smythe. They then apologized and told me that when a windshield is replaced they were supposed to use a laptop and reprogram the command screen so it can automatically respond to the light. Apparently they had forgotten to do that. So I believe the windshield somehow is related to the light and rain sensor.
Hope this helps.......

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Purin313 - 5/9/2005 9:10 PM

Motzkoman,

About a month or so ago, I got a big crack on my windshield and took it back to Smythe for replacement. When I got my car back the command screen is not reacting to the light, so I took it back to Smythe. They then apologized and told me that when a windshield is replaced they were supposed to use a laptop and reprogram the command screen so it can automatically respond to the light. Apparently they had forgotten to do that. So I believe the windshield somehow is related to the light and rain sensor.
Hope this helps.......
Purin313;
Thanks for the post...that does help.

By the way...we have another of our monthly No. CA (this time in bay area) SLK gatherings this Saturday. We have "compartmentalized" them, so people can join us for any part they are available and I think you would enjoy learning more about your car if you can join us for any portion. Here are the details:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1209493&posts=2&fid=41

Hope to see you Saturday or in a future event...[:D][8D][:D][8D][:D]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts