<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
still have that problem with my 97 E320.

but no problem on my C240. Are you sure none of the windshield airvents are open? (ie. the selector switch itself).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: I have the same problem on C-Coupe. No fix either.

I've gone back and tried everything. I just don't get how there can be no fix. Is this simply a design flaw?<br> It's particulary disturbing at night, not to mention a safety hazard, because I'm catching headlight glare in highway driving.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the condensation is outside right? so use your wiper. (m)

Well, if all possible solutions have been exhausted, then you should probably take it back to the dealer and have them check it out. Might be a leak in the vents?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The condensation is a function of the outside humidity. I live in Louisiana and on a hot and humide day I have the same problem. Due to the cold spot created on the windscreen the outside water condensates on the window and a quick way to temporary remove it is by wiping the screen.<br> <br> Closing the dash vent helps but it does not eliminate the problem completly as other air outlest at the window are still used by the climate control system. Another feature of the C-class airco is that it really cools well so I guess that is good news. <br> <br> Perhaps the solution is to switch to manual (automatic button pressed to off) and divert all cold air to the feet and middle dash outlets. I will try when we get the humide weather out here again. I guess this is unfortunate when having climate control which should do the job for you.<br> <br> In another reply to this thread somebody recommends to leave the climate comtrol on (automatic button pressed to on) which should de-humidify the interior air. Thats is true but it does not solve the condensation from the outside onto the window.<br> <br> One other thought is that in other cars with good (= cold) airco's the same problem of condensation on windows occurs.<br> <br> Still it is something the MB engineers should improve on but for the rest my C240 2002 is pretty perfect and the best car I have ever owned. <p>adsl-82-141-215.msy.bellsouth.net

1 - 10 of 10 Posts