Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 76 280E needs another windscreen, do any other mercedes share the same front screen?.

Thanks

·
Registered
1984 300D
5,070 Posts
In theory all Mercedes with the same Chassis number should share interchangeable parts.

However, this is not entirely true. If you look at their parts catalogs sometimes changes are made and a little note is there saying chassis number up to......

I would shop at some online part sellers and see if they show a difference in the part numbers for your year and model and the other years that have the same general chassis Number (like W116,W124,W123 and so on).
Read the text in the ad well and see if there is a note indicating it only fits a certain number range of Chassis.

If you are going to get a used one try to get one from a Car with the same General Chassis Number that was made in the same year.

·
Registered
1981 240D
185 Posts
My 76 280E needs another windscreen, do any other mercedes share the same front screen?.

Thanks
280benz: Are you set on getting a genuine MB windscreen? If you are just looking for a used one to save on costs, I just had my windshield replaced by safeflite last week. They charged me $217, which included a new gasket and all labor. They did a really nice job! My new windscreen is not a genuine MB windscreen, but it does the job and looks nice.

·
Registered
81' 300SD, 82' 300D
4,021 Posts

Thanks
All 123 sedans and wagons use the same windshield, so keep that in mind. Also, the one from a coupe will not work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts