Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1989 560 SL - Signal Red & Palomino; 2011 C-300 - Black on Black 4MATIC
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ordered a windscreen from Autohaus via eBay a few days ago. I liked this model as it does not have the posts in it like the "love the drive " one does (just a preference) and seems to have a slightly lower profile. $350 shipped, well packaged, but no storage bag. Made in Germany, and instructions are in German, but really not necessary. You flip up the top cover hatch, and drop it in place, and drop the hatch. Kind of a tight fit but that may be by design. It appears to be very well made, not flimsy at all, and seems to work well. I am unsure if this is the same model they list in their catalog for a lot more money though.

Just thought I would mention it as another alternative as I had not seen or heard anyone mention this one yet.

·
Premium Member
'72 350SL, '85 300D, '98 E320, '19 Subaru Outback (sold '14 GLK250)
10,340 Posts
We ordered a windscreen from Autohaus via eBay a few days ago. I liked this model as it does not have the posts in it like the "love the drive " one does (just a preference) and seems to have a slightly lower profile. $350 shipped, well packaged, but no storage bag. Made in Germany, and instructions are in German, but really not necessary. You flip up the top cover hatch, and drop it in place, and drop the hatch. Kind of a tight fit but that may be by design. It appears to be very well made, not flimsy at all, and seems to work well. I am unsure if this is the same model they list in their catalog for a lot more money though.

Just thought I would mention it as another alternative as I had not seen or heard anyone mention this one yet.

Bud's Benz in Ga send out a newsletter from time to time. They have a new windscreen for $375.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,512 Posts

Mmmmm.....I can just imagine it......

·
Registered
1988 560SL (California Model)
5,104 Posts
Did an ebay search and did not see it. Can you post a link to it and maybe a pic?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can do but later as I don't have the link here at the office. Surprised it is not on ebay but come to think of it, it was not out there when we did a search a few weeks ago, my wife found it the other day. I thought it was one of those deals where there is always "6 available" at the "buy now" price...

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,356 Posts
Autohaus 24. Don't think it is same as the Autohaus we are familiar with.

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
1997 SL500- 40th Anniversary
7,166 Posts
2. No latches
3. No adapters (needed for older cars)
4. No vibrating/slipping forward

Dislikes:
1. Sewn, fabric-covered frame (appears that way, anyhow)
2. Price (same as all others... damn market!)

Good Show!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, fabric covered design, seems like a pretty rugged vinyl - I guess time will tell. I think it looks fine though, no real preference there for me. No big savings over the "Love the Drive" to be sure. Wife found it on ebay, as Fonzi made me a nice offer on one, very honestly described but she did not like the holes.

If I had designed it, I would have made the top part 1" shorter, then it would clear the padded surround and drop right onto the lower part, which would look clean. I could almost force it now, but won't do that.

Rowdie, I think you are right, and thanks again for your tip on Autohaus AZ on my fuel regulator, you saved me a couple bucks, I appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Best of all, testing it on the road in about an hour.... :)

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,512 Posts
Closest design to the OEM model. And I likey the installation better than MB.

Good show....trust me....it's the best $$ you will spend for your 107....assuming it can reach cruising speeds. :)

·
Registered
1986 300 SL Euro spec - Signal Red/Black Eng/Trans: Inline 6 (M103.982) / 722.322 Auto
1,976 Posts
Add states it does not fit models with the rear seats :(

·
Registered
1986 300 SL Euro spec - Signal Red/Black Eng/Trans: Inline 6 (M103.982) / 722.322 Auto
1,976 Posts
fold the back down, or remove... "Bob's your uncle!"
Now why didn't I think of that! :p

But my next $300+ investment is on a new soft top (and the effort to install it) :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts