Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any body have problems with there windscreens not demisting even after 15min of driving it is still misted up, even with the heater booster on, any idea would be helpfull. thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
if you've got aircon, make sure you press the button ;) . If you've not taken out the pollen filter yet, take it out :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
As Joff said, get the pollen filter out. It is suprising just how restricting it is. Follow the link below for a very easy removal.

Warning though, once you have removed it, open all the vents, start the engine and get out of the van. Then fire the blowers straight up to number 4 and watch just how much crap blows out of them.

New Page 1

·
Registered
341 Posts
Two plastic nuts (10mm I think), one either side in the foot well. Two screws under the tape holder, right by the floor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. i have changed the pollen filter. it was as black as the ace of spades. before i changed it there was a gentle breeze coming out of the vents now i feels like i'm in a wind tunnel! hopefully it will be misted ove tomorrow so i can test it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
removing the pollen filter is really worth it, my number 1 blows faster than my number 4 did and now it demists in about 2 mins. it took me 30ish mins to do in the dark using a wind up torch for light:)

·
Registered
112 Posts
is there any real need to replace these filters? I haven't got round to taking mine out yet but have been wondering if i should replace it with a new one.

or is it as simple as me asking myself if i suffer from hay fever?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
today was the first day of mist on my windscreen and I turned the demister on. with my fingers crossed the screen cleared in about 5min, and the drivers and passengers window cleared in about 5mins aswell. Changing or removing the pollen filter is definatley a must if you are experiencing problems with misted up window. Thanks again guys for the advice much appreciated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts