Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1986 420SEL, 1988 560SL, 1980 300TD
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All my window switches have completely stopped working. All my fuses are good, I pulled and replaced the switches with a spares, still didn't work, and now as it turns out, I am getting no power to the switches, or anything in the lower center console. All other electronics are working fine.

I went through some old post, I haven't seen anything. Where do I go from here?

·
Registered
W126 500 SEL 9/85 W124 E320T Brabus
2,075 Posts
In the fuse box there is a grey little plastic thing with two pins, not larger than two cigarette filters next to each other. Change this condensator and it will work again.

·
Premium Member
1986 420SEL/1995 E300D/4 BMW’s/2 Vanagon’s
1,026 Posts
I always wondered what that thing was.

·
Registered
1981 300 SD, 1994 C280, 1990 560 SEC
618 Posts
Not to sure what the condensator is though some thoughts: Do you have power going to fuses c and d? The power window relay feeds these. If the relay and fuse 17 are working then you'll have power going into both. When you say the fuses are good I am assuming that you are testing power coming off of both the c and d fuses? Fuses can look good though are not. If these fuses are both supplying power than look to the ground. All of these switches share the same ground source. From the fuse map what you are pointing to in the picture may be the power seat diode, though not sure. See attached docs. Good luck!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts