Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1987 420 SEL 114,000
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks im back after a long absence,,,,got home with the kids today and my windows wont go up,,,fuses look fine,,,back rear window button on console is pushed down and off center alittle,,,i can push on it and it has play going down,,,called my father in law and he says there is another fuse box with a reset somewhere along the firewall but i cant find it,,,or i may have to remove center console to check the status of depressed switch,,,,got any ideas.........any help would be appreciated,,,or im calling my benz dealer tomorrow and praying for no rain till then,,,,,,

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
Hmm, posable you may need to rebuild the switches. that's an easy task. I've done both of mine ( 2 sets right bank and left bank ) pull up your center console, push the window switches up, disconnect the switches. Use a small screwdriver into the side of the off center switch, gently pry the side up, repete on the other side. When the switch comes up, be careful, their are 2 spring loaded ball berrings in there. Now you should see 2 small metal things shaped like -v- .see if those are bent or the little round nubs on the inside are burnt/croded. If everything looks good, clean out any errent sticky stuff, or other yucky stuff. Place the V's back in, put the berrings into the V's, center the switch then push evenly. The switch should work ( did on mine )

Your reset isn't a push thing, it's a fuse, normaly a 10amp bus fuse, can't miss it. It's the only circut braker type thing with a fuse on top. ( wish I had pictures for all of this, but my camra batterys are dead, and now the laptop that has the program to retrave and mail the pictures is on the fritz) .. I'm sure you can find pictures somwhere...

Good Luck..

·
1991 500SEC sub 50K mi. 1987 560SEC Now 150K mi. 2018
4,218 Posts
Hi FRYFAR,

Perhaps this is just too simple, but as you've not mentioned it: how about using the rear door switch to get the window up? I realize there is a problem with the console switch that (as Razz says) may be easily dealt with.... but if the electrics are OK, what the heck...

I hope it is really that easy.

Cheers, MBL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts