Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1982 300 TD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago, my 82 300TD with 212,000 miles wouldn't turn off and the doors wouldn't lock. My mechanic plugged off the doors and the car now turns off. He said I had a slow leak in the vacuum lines that would be very time-consuming to fix (read: $$$). I have noticed a lot of ideas on this forum about this subject and will try them. As of yesterday, there is a new problem: The fuel, tack and heat gauges stopped wroking, as did the windows, the turn signals,and the brake lights. Can anyone advise?

·
BenzWorld W126 & W201 Host
1988 420SE, 2002 C180 Kompressor, 200 ML320
1,159 Posts
Electrics

Gallarda

I don't own a W123 so i can't check, but are they all on the same fuse, and have you physically removed the fuse to check it. They have a tendency to look O.K. but corode away at each end not making contact.

·
Registered
Mercedes Diesels
145 Posts
Buy a MityVac with a vacuum guage attached, the cheap one lacks the guage. You can isolate...

Buy a MityVac with a vacuum guage attached, the cheap one lacks the guage. You can isolate vacuum leaks with it. It still could be jolly to find and repair, but is doable. You can bleed the brakes with the MityVac too. It is a little more then $30. You will need it sooner or later, even with the door line plugged off.
Good Luck
John Gregg
many diesels

·
Registered
2x300D-83
54 Posts
Hello!

Sounds like it could be the "ignition" lock. Make sure the key stays in position...

Hello!

Sounds like it could be the "ignition" lock. Make sure the key stays in position after starting the car. You could also try to turn it a bit clockwise and counter clockwise from it´s snapped position marked II.

Anders

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.