Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from the C-spot website that when you tint the C-class the tinting often gets scratched quickly due to the inside of the window sill. has anyone heard of this problem on the sedan? I have an 03' 230WZ

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
yes that's true//

so youhave to leave your window up and use your AC, that's what I do[:D][;)]

C320WZ

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
That problem applies to all MB's of all shapes and size and number of doors. You have to...

That problem applies to all MB's of all shapes and size and number of doors. You have to go to a window tinting place the knows MB's really well and will install moleskin inside the door to protect the tint. Have mine on for about 1 1/2 years, no problemo. Boss just told me his tint was scratched up in 4-5 weeks on his E320 so he has to get it re-done but at least this time I warned him.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Yup, I did the same...

That problem applies to all MB's of all shapes and size and number of doors. You have to go to a window tinting place the knows MB's really well and will install moleskin inside the door to protect the tint. Have mine on for about 1 1/2 years, no problemo. Boss just told me his tint was scratched up in 4-5 weeks on his E320 so he has to get it re-done but at least this time I warned him.
Actually there is nothing inside the C-class's door which is a problem. It's the actual inner seal itself which is abrasive. Had the felt put on and no scratches since. That and I try limiting how much I roll down the window too. [:)]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts