Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been toying with the idea of getting my windows tinted. Has anyone had any problems after getting their tints. I have seen on other boards that radio reception decreases ... is this possibly a fluke/1 time thing or have other people also had this problem<br>
<br>
thanks in advance....<p>92.washington-16rh16rt.dc.dial-access.att.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tinted the rear window and back door windows. The reception did not get any worse than before.<p>samtech-gw.dslspeed.zyan.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tinted my windows right after I got my C240 and had it removed 2 weeks later. It is a known fact, call 800 mercedes or any reputable tint shop and they will tell you that your tint will be scratch heavily EVERY time you roll up and down you windows. The scratched are vertical and VERY noticable. My tint shop says that he warned me but I never heard him. However, I could not stand the scratches so I had the tint removed.<p>pool0141.cvx22-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The company that tinted my car offers a lifetime warranty (includes scratches), so if I need it replaced it will be at no charge. However, I don't roll down my windows very often.<p>samtech-gw.dslspeed.zyan.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
titanium tint messes w/reception. regular tint does not. <br> <br> titanium is a metal, a conductor. that is why.. the regular tint is simply plasticky tape... so it doen't interfere w/any reception.<br> <br> <p>ppp-228-143.usc.edu

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I HAD NO PROBLEMS WHEN TINTING MY WNDOWS JUST MAKE SURE WHAT PERCENTAGE U WANT I REGRET GOING TO DARK<p>spider-wm074.proxy.aol.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts