Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! Quick question. I'm not sure what % tint is<br>legal here in New Jersey. I want something in the middle, not too dark, not too light.<br>Someone told it me it was 20% another 25% also is it true that you can't<br>put any on the driver and passenger side window ? Doesn't that defeat the purpose<br>of having one ?<p>Thanks<br>Carlos

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am not sure what is legal but i just put 22%HP on my doors and 15%hp on the back window of my SLK230 and it looks great. Its not real dark but dark enough.<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I know, Yes it is illegal to have tint on both front door windows. The maximum limit percentage for tint is 25% I believe.<p>A nice shade of 10% black should look good.<p>Benny<p>: Hi guys! Quick question. I'm not sure what % tint is<br>legal here in New Jersey. I want something in the middle, not too dark, not too light.<br>Someone told it me it was 20% another 25% also is it true that you can't<br>put any on the driver and passenger side window ? Doesn't that defeat the purpose<br>of having one ?<p>Thanks<br>Carlos<p><br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't go over 20% (more)

As it is 20% is already dark. Here in San Francisco, 20% is allowable. My friend has 20% and he never got stopped by cops. Don't know about New Jersey though.<br>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.