Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 C320 Sport Seda
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new 2003 C320 and I am going to get the windows tinted, but the guy at the shop (was over the phone so he couldnt inspect it) said that on the E and S's that the window seals are course and can scratch tint, but he wasnt sure about the C class. And if it did have those seals it would be 40 bucks a door to fix it. My question is, would that need to be done? I dont want him to charge me if the C class doesnt have it. Any help would be great guys, going to take it in friday so would like to know ASAP.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Yeah it does have similar seals...

I have a brand new 2003 C320 and I am going to get the windows tinted, but the guy at the shop (was over the phone so he couldnt inspect it) said that on the E and S's that the window seals are course and can scratch tint, but he wasnt sure about the C class. And if it did have those seals it would be 40 bucks a door to fix it. My question is, would that need to be done? I dont want him to charge me if the C class doesnt have it. Any help would be great guys, going to take it in friday so would like to know ASAP.
I would recommend that you have them done, as it will save you hassle in the future. Also, the 3M film seems to be one of the better ones, and hence I'd recommend that as well.

I'm actually getting my C320 tinted on Saturday. I'll be going with 3M Pantherblack 50% tint for all of the side windows, and 35% tint for the rearmost window. I was going to go with 20% for the rear doors, however since tinting the front doors is not legal here, the tint guy convinced me that tinting the rear doors that much would emphasise the tinted front doors far too much.

·
Registered
2007 S550, 01 ML320
196 Posts
Go with 35% on all...

Drew, you should go with 35% all the way around. You can barely notice a car with 50%. I used to tint proffessionally in many shops. The 35% will protect your interior better too. Here's mine with 35% Endurance by SunGard.

The window seals are very tight on the C.
You "might" get minimal scratching after alot of use. Even on scratch resistant films.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 C320 Sport Seda
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got it done

went 50% on the front windows because the tint shops here are afraid of the cops or some BS story like that and the back two doors and window got 15%, looks nice all round and the blue windows give it a neat look

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Too dark...

Drew, you should go with 35% all the way around. You can barely notice a car with 50%. I used to tint proffessionally in many shops. The 35% will protect your interior better too. Here's mine with 35% Endurance by SunGard.
Tinting the front windows is illegal here and 35% will almost definitely get you an instant $75 ticket (we don't get fix-it tickets here). I went with 3M Scotchtint in 35% for the rear window and the top 4" of the windshield, and 50% for all of the doors

The window seals are very tight on the C.
You "might" get minimal scratching after alot of use. Even on scratch resistant films.
Yup, I realise this and felted the window seals to greatly reduce this [:)]

Thanks for the input! I'll post a picture soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts