Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a standard window tint on the 2002/3, it looks like a light blue tint? i have a 2001 c240 and it doesn't have this. am i wrong or my eyes playing tricks on me? thanks.<br> <br> p.s. has anybody tried changing to a one motor (blade) windshield wiper? just wondering (cool idea though)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The bluish tint comes with the sports package. if you dont have the sports package then you will not have this bluish tint on your car.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: is it possible to get it? tand throught who? dealer? aftermarket shop?

May be possible to get a blue tint applied aftermarket, but the OEM glass is not tinted, it is blue! The blue isn't just for color, it is a high end thermal control product. That is it keeps the interior cool in the sun. The blue glass is made by PPG Industries.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what u were looking at is not after market, read below

As previously stated by another person, its the sports package on the C240, C320, They both come with the darker blueish tint. I have seen them. Its an option which comes for about 3k more. I personaly think the package is a waste of money. The thing that pisses me off is that other benz's with sport packages have AMG body kits where as this one u can barley see a differnce in the apearance specialy on a dark color, second which is a joke is that it comes with differnt rims but there not even 17 inch, so just get your car tinted, use the 3k u saved by not getting the option to do upgrades on your car

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: what u were looking at is not after market, read below

the sports package also gives a better suspension, the nice looking aluminum trim instead of that ugly wood interior, carbon fiber on the outside on the doors. i think its well worth the money. i wish it did come with the amg kit and 17's that would be pretty..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i agree.....

yep, that is a waste of money, you can shop for your own wheels and tires, also, choose springs. <br> <br> 2001 c240 , brabus monoblock V, h&r springs, h&r 15mm spacer (rear), alpine 6 disc changer, schatz exhaust tips, clear bumper lense from autodymnamics.<br> on the way... mh dezent cl grille and panasonic 9000 dvd.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sports pack is not very nice

The suspension is almost exactly the same as the non-sport.<br> <br> The aluminium trim is not very attractive (that is pretty subjective, though).<br> <br> The fake carbon fiber on the doors is the most fake of any fake CF I have ever seen on a car. Pretty bad.<br> <br> Wheels are the exact same size as the non-sport model. Ridiculous!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts