Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
01 CLK55
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have my CLK55 booked in tomorrow, to get tinted by "The Driving Edge" of San Mateo - they're apparently the preferred tinter of local merc and bmw dealers. $300 all around, single piece rear window.

they're trying to convince me not to go with the 'dark' shade (1 shade up from limo). they want me to go with 'medium' which in my opinion is only marginally darker than the current color of the glass.

DILEMMA

if i get the 'dark' - which in my opinion looks the best, i run an increased risk of getting a fixit ticket. if i get the medium, this risk is decreased, but the car won't look as sharp.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

does anyone have pics of a CLK in silver, with tinting? can you tell me what shade/%color you chose and why?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think you can tint the windows whatever shade you want as long as the front windows are ...

I think you can tint the windows whatever shade you want as long as the front windows are not tinted.

Have not heard of any problems with people tinting the back windows and rear windshield any shade.

Wouldn't hurt to check with the local police to confirm or you're risking major expenses to remove the film.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts