Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
c200k
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure whether you need to tint the window for C class. I knew the glass has been tinted from manufacturer.

The Mercedes sales person doesn't recommand when I 1st purchased the cas.

Any advice ?

P

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
Tinting is a personal preference, mostly for looks. I tinted 20% which is very dark and it...

Tinting is a personal preference, mostly for looks. I tinted 20% which is very dark and it looks great but at night it is harder to see. If you do tint make sure they understand that they have to cover the area below the inside window seal with moleskin or your tinting will get scratched.

·
Registered
C230 Coupe
6 Posts
Just had the windows on my C230 Coupe tinted with 35%.
I needed to do this because I am...

Just had the windows on my C230 Coupe tinted with 35%.
I needed to do this because I am in south florida and after 60 yrs of sun my skin is very thin and sencitive to the sun. The 35% is not as dark as my ML320 and I do not expect any vision problems. It is still bright out so can not speak to how it is at night but will see in a few hours. However, during the day I can still see inside but I can feel the difference on my hands and arms as I drive. Also, a big benifit is the fact that the AC is able to cool the cabin down much faster.

PS: AC in my C230 is much better than in the ML. I know the ML has more cabin space but it also has two more cylinders to run the compressor for the AC.

[:)] The smile is still on my face as I drive my coupe. Only 900 miles on it so far.

·
Registered
2001 C320
12 Posts
It's both a personal preference and geographical necessity. Living in the desert requires serious window tinting for the six months of "summer". Factory tint doesn't cut it. Had the fronts dark as legally allowable. Did limo tint on backs. Looks awesome. (I think cars without tint look strange.) It's great keeping the sun off my little one while in the car. It is a little too dark at night, however. And if the rear window shade is up, very difficult to see. Should have gone a little lighter. Also, I would get it done at aftermarket place. Dealer wanted too much $$$$...

·
Registered
C230 Coupe Magma Red
17 Posts
Besides looking good,helps protect the interior and keeps it cool here in Florida....

Besides looking good,helps protect the interior and keeps it cool here in Florida.

Attachments

·
Registered
C 240 2002
9 Posts
window tinting pricing...

I was quoted by a place in San Diego nameed Tint Devil. They said that for the rear three windows and the two front would be $350.00 for the Platinum lifetime warranry no fading tint. and w/o the two fronts for $300. Isn't front window tintint illegal in CA. And is this worth it? This seems kind of pricey knowing that some of my collegues paid $160 for a lesser kind of quality but still really worthy. The platinum tint is the one that is reminicsent off the Lexus RX300 stock glass. It's really nice and classy! Any suggestions on places to get it done?!

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
Make sure they are willing to remove the door panels to add moleskin to prevent scratchi...

Make sure they are willing to remove the door panels to add moleskin to prevent scratching. $350 is pricy, I paid $160 for tinting and $50 for moleskin application in Anaheim and they did it while I waited.

Also make sure they know about the electronics at the top of the hatchback, if they get wet you will be out over $200.

·
Registered
C230 Coupe
6 Posts
window tint pricing

In Miami I paid $80.00 plus tax for all five windows. Tint was 35% titanium film and the installation took 45 min. He did one of the best tint jobs that I have had. It looks realy good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts