Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks - I've been watching and reading your posts now for about 5 days and have enjoyed the conversations and appreciated the wealth of knowledge. I just bought my first MB - a 300SD (1984). I have a peculiar question...When I press the switch to bring down the front left window, the back left window goes down. When I press the left rear switch - nothing happens. Are wires crossed - or is something else going on? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Since the switches and their respective plugs are the same on the front as the year, I think one switch has the wrong plug on it and the other is unplugged.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since the switches and their respective plugs are the same on the front as the year, I think one switch has the wrong plug on it and the other is unplugged.
Thanks! Is this panel between the seats difficult to remove? Does anyone have the process to getting to these switch plugs? I have the chiltons manual for it but there isn't anything in there about removing this panel.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Very easy. Take out the ash tray, unscrew the two screws holding the lower switch panel. Slide the wood forward slightly and lift up. There is probably a more detailed and better written DIY procedure in the archives as the window switches wear out and have to be replaced on just about all of the W126s.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
No problem. Noticed you're in Wilmore, KY. I'm originally from Lexington, then lived in Louisville before moving down here.

I had an '82 300SD that now I wish I hadn't sold. Got a lot better fuel economy than the SEC. If I could only have them both...

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,254 Posts
Hi Folks - I've been watching and reading your posts now for about 5 days and have enjoyed the conversations and appreciated the wealth of knowledge. I just bought my first MB - a 300SD (1984). I have a peculiar question...When I press the switch to bring down the front left window, the back left window goes down. When I press the left rear switch - nothing happens. Are wires crossed - or is something else going on? Thanks!
Welcome. To take advantage of all the forum features, please re visit the 'Welcome to the Forum' tutorial sticky on top of the W126 page, as well as the two DIY stickies. It will show how to search the forum, and even has a link to the Russian MB site where you can run a VIN#. The forum archive has a wealth of information, incl. many write ups re your topic.

There were a number of recent threads re the console switches / center console removal, incl several pdf files. The search box accepts 2 words.
Good luck.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts