Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the rear passenger door panel to trace down an air leak, and in turn pulled the back of the window switch cover off. All of the wires came loose and now I cannot get the window to go back up. I matched the pinout to the rear driver side switch except for two wires that are different colors. I tried every combo and still no go. Does anyone have the wiring layout of these switches, and /or recommendation on this issue? Thanks for any assistance..

·
Premium Member
9,985 Posts
PM sent.

·
Premium Member
9,985 Posts
Call me if you have any questions. I had to re-wire my windows too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
One must always remember in a Mercedes that you are sending a ground signal to the motor with the switch.

·
Premium Member
9,985 Posts
One must always remember in a Mercedes that you are sending a ground signal to the motor with the switch.
Sort of correct - While yes, the switch does connect to chassis ground and to +12 through one of through one of the 2 fuses: c; d. You do not send the ground directly to the motor. The switch changes the polarity between poles to adjust the polarity and hence direction of the motor. Ground is not directly connected to the motor like you see typically. Chassis Ground connects directly to pin #4 on each switch and +12 from the relative circuit to pin 58D on each switch. Pins 1 and 2 on each switch are tied to the motors and they control up or down.

Last year when I Restored My SEC someone cut into all of the window switches and ran relays for a self closing system. I had to go through ALL of the wiring in the cabin to restore it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
A great explanation!! It first baffled me 20 years ago fixing a window switch on a old 108 car I bought for parts. I find this same circuitry with with heater controls and lots of accessories in Mercedes. Now I always also test for ground when testing a switch.

·
Premium Member
9,985 Posts
I need this same information. Can someone please post the answer here so future searches are more fruitful than mine was?
The Electrical manual IS posted in the DIY thread because I put it up and Ross posted the link.

What is your specific problem?

·
Registered
52 Posts
so does anyone have an actual diagram of the rear window switch to see what colors go where. i'm looking for one for an 83 300sd. only one i can find is for an 81sd and it's different.

i've searched and searched and found nothing. and the DIY doesn't show that year.

·
Premium Member
9,985 Posts
It's in the ETM. Did I not send it to you?

This is out of the 83-85 ETM manual. See if it is closer.

·
Premium Member
9,985 Posts
Here it is.....

Post #2300

Here it is:

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi.you seem to have all the answers to everybodies problems.can you please help me with a full wiring diagram for a 1983 280 se w126 mercedes.this vehicle has got all sorts of electrical problems.i am in south africa and my email address is [email protected] thanks.iqbal

·
Registered
4 Posts
wow.u sure are quick to respond.now how do i make a hard copy of this?or is it possible for you to email me so i can send it to my printer.thank you

·
Registered
97 Posts
Anyone have the window wiring diagram for the 81 300sd. I believe the color codes of the wiring is different from the 83 posted here. Mclare, any chance you're still around bro? Okay thanks in advance everyone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts