Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1998 ML320 (W163)
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you purchase just the covers for the window switches for a pre-facelift ML? The switch itself still works, it just looks awful without it's cover.

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
W163 W202 W203 W246 MB100D
68 Posts
I've replaced that whole switch assembly with an ebay part worth around AU$40, non MB but works fine (reason it was changed: the window switch for driver side just stopped working or works intermittently due to 20yrs of use! parked the vehicle and the window won't close - had to go back home and switch vehicles)

you could probably buy a cheaper used part / broken part if you are just after the cover

or replace the whole thing with new and less likely of having issues with it for next few years

·
Premium Member
1999 ML430
1,853 Posts
That particular switch plate is the master lock for the doors. If there is a PAP salvage (or similar) in your area they may have a donor W163 in their lot. Plenty of guys on this site frequently visit the PAP's (including me) and you could put out an APB for that particular cover or a similar one that would fit.

Or you could cover it with a BandAid !!

·
Registered
1998 ML320 (W163)
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately PAP isn't an option for me simply because none near me have W163s. I've tried multiple times all to no avail.

·
Premium Member
2000 ML55 sold? 2013 ML500,? 2017 C43 AMG,1929 Victory 6 roadster, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
5,042 Posts
Replacing the complete switch panel is the best option. You’ll find the little loop at the bottom of the switch cover will break very easily trying to pull the covers off.

·
Registered
1998 ML320 (W163)
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone for your input. I was hoping to be able to order some new covers but that doesn't seem to be an option. I'll try to find a used one on eBay or Facebook just for the cover.

·
Premium Member
1999 ML430
1,853 Posts
You can get the entire switch panel on ebay for about $25.00...brand new !

Probably not factory but plug and play and inexpensive for what you need.

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
1,830 Posts
Thank you everyone for your input. I was hoping to be able to order some new covers but that doesn't seem to be an option. I'll try to find a used one on eBay or Facebook just for the cover.

Let me know if you are still looking I may have access to one from a PaP.

·
W163 and General M Gremlin
3,696 Posts
You folks south of the 49th, sure have some good pickings for parts and components. Sources up here are getting limited and pricey.
Here's hoping the 49th parallel opens up this (late) fall so I can carry on with improved access to better pickings. 🍻

Reactions: wallyo

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
1,830 Posts
You folks south of the 49th, sure have some good pickings for parts and components. Sources up here are getting limited and pricey.
I do not Know why I am blessed with so many PaP MLs, We have had a very large influx of folk moving here from California as well as other places (Boise is in the top 10 fastest growing cities in the US). Many of the PaP MLs I have been through started their life at a Ca dealer.

Was at the PaP that is 3 towns away the other day not for Ml but Mazda 626 parts, with my daughter. They have 5 Mls, including a rarer red Ml (well most was red the rt fender and hood blue). The yard 2 hours away has 4 and I was just in that city last week, just did not have time to stop.

Also have noticed when visiting them more and more trucks with trailers from out of state areas, buying parts to bring back home. So Khommer you are always welcomed south ot the 49th! Canada-California whats the difference any way? They both start with a C.Have no idea what duty you'll pay on used parts is.

For any one interested:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts