Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my moms 190 right rear window wont close all the way, about an inch or so from the top is all that it will do. so i took the door panel off, and realized i dont know what to do next, what do i do to fix this prob.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the same thing happened to my 190. i took it to a local mechanic and he said that these little plastic holders at the bottom of the window broke. rather than spending 50 bucks and a week of waiting to get the pieces from benz he just put together some of his own. i dont know what you could do on your own though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the exact same problem! My rear passenger window rolls up and stops an inch or two before the top. I took the door panel off to see what the problem was. It looks like something is loose on the part that holds the window to the track on the window regulator. I dont know if there is any way to fix this without replacing the regulator, which could cost $200 after shipping. Anyone who knows a cheaper way please let me know! evan (at) evanshaw.net is my email. Thanks!

·
Registered
1985 w201 Euro 2.3-16vlv / 1992 w201 2.6 Sportline Manual
6,726 Posts
Here you go..

190Revolution.net Member jmcarr said:
This is due to the white plastic piece that holds the bottom of the glass pane to the regulator. It swivels and locks into place. Somehow, the "lock" part gets broken, then the plastic piece swivels down, and the result is the window will not advance all the way up.

You might need a used window regulator because I don't think you can buy just the plastic mechanism.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts