Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<br>
Subject: Mercedes Window Regulator<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
We have reinforced front and rear window regulators for 116 chassis cars (280 SE, 300 SD, 450 SE, 450 SEL, 6.9), and also for the rear of 123 chassis cars (240D, 280E, 280C, 300D, 300CD, 300TD). These are modified Mercedes parts. The rear regulators are the same for the 116 and 123 chassis cars. We have added a doubler plate to reinforce the units. The 116 front units break and/or bend until the gears no longer mesh properly, and the rear units bend up until the gears no longer mesh. We have installed these units into several 116 cars with good results. <br>
<br>
Pictures are at www.mymercedesparts.com Only the rear regulator is used for 123 cars. The front is for a 116 car only. <br>
<br>
Front Window Regulator Rear Window Regulator <br>
<br>
We are doing this because it needs to be done. The material used in the original parts is extremely soft, and will cold flow. We are not doing this because we hope to make a lot of money, although that would be nice. To see what we really do to make a living, check www.servos.com . If we get too much whining about posting this being a commercial business on a non-commercial list, we'll just quit and y'all can live with non-working windows. <br>
<br>
Price for the units is $110 for the fronts and $85 for the rears. Core charge is $50 because I don't want to go chasing cores. If you have some cores, we may buy them if they are usable. Right now we have some in stock, so delivery should be quick. <br>
<br>
If you want to buy some units, email me at [email protected] Right now we cannot take credit cards, so you will need to mail a check or money order. You could also call me at 407-262-9042 x103, but I would rather have email. <br>
<br>
If you have any part that keeps breaking and needs to be re-engineered, let me know. If it looks like something we could sell in volume, we might do it. Presently, we have steel chain guides for the 2.3 liter 4 cyl engines used in the 190E cars. The chain guides are plastic and all of the ones we have checked were broken. It's a nice job to replace the lower one as the pan and front cover must be removed from the engine. The upper one can be replaced by removing the valve cover and camshaft sprocket. I don't have prices on these yet as I have the first two prototypes on my desk. If you are interested, let me know.<br>
<br>
I have purchased aluminum chain guides for the V8s from GPW here in Orlando, but they have run out. These aluminum guides do not break as the plastic ones do. I have replaced the plastic guides in six V8s so far, and every engine had a broken plastic guide. The upper left one is the worst. If you have a V8, I recommend you check this guide and make sure it is not broken. If I get enough response, I will make the aluminum ones again. I will need to find out who made the ones for GPW, and get another production run. What happens when the guide breaks is that a piece of the plastic gets between the chain and the sprocket. It sticks to the sprocket and lifts the chain up and changes the timing by one tooth on each revolution until the valves hit the pistons. Then the engine stops running. If you pay to have it fixed, it's about $3500. In both of my 380s, there was broken pieces in the oil pan that were there prior to my buying the cars. Plastic does not belong inside of engines. <br>
<br>
Address is <br>
<br>
Servos and Simulation, Inc.<br>
111 Atlantic Annex Point<br>
Suite 1<br>
Maitland, Florida 32751<br>
<br>
Glory to God. Jesus is Lord.<br>
Bruce Baker, President<p>host162.servos.com

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status