Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Currently without a car!
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Due to leave on my roadtrip tommorow and of course the inevitable happens this morning the rear drivers side window is no longer moving.

I put it all the way down to clear the moisture off and on it's way back up again it just clunked and stopped moving. So now the window is just sitting halfway up.

I don't think I've got the time to replace it nor the expense it would appear it's a £200 part from MB UK dealers and slightly less from eurocarparts but they don't have any in stock.

My question is, am I able to somehow lock the window closed and worry about it when I get back? I won't be needing to lower it on my trip I just need to get it closed again.

Please help!

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Instead of pressing the switch all the way press it gently half way and the window will close. Fully depressed switch is auto, and that is not working so half depress it and you have manual operation:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Currently without a car!
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Instead of pressing the switch all the way press it gently half way and the window will close. Fully depressed switch is auto, and that is not working so half depress it and you have manual operation:thumbsup:
Won't work. I can hear the motor moving but the window is not following.
I have found a replacement part though for £47.70 in stock at the local motor factors, going there now to pick it up and get it replaced.

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
Open the panel and prop it up or pull up the window and wedge it or duck tape

till you can repair.
:bowdown:

·
Registered
1922 Ford T no OBD, no ECU, no SCN
37,836 Posts
NO DUCT TAPE !!!
Here, in California we have a law proposal that would forbid selling duct tape and silicon caulking to men over 50.
Blue masking tape will not leave messy glue after removal. If you need the window secure for the trip, you need to remove the door panel, lift the window up and fit a piece of wood under the glass inside the door.
Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
Is

that the new richard gere law that also restricts the sale of small rodents?:D
this member is in the U.K.
so no worries:thumbsup:
ohlord:bowdown:

·
Registered
Currently without a car!
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One of the techs at work took of the door panels and removed the broken part today and will fit the new part in the morning for me.

Thanks god as I am booked on the 8pm ferry tommorow night for France!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts