Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 e320 wagon
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a broken window regulator, rear right side. i want to repair it myself, my mb mech said $250 parts and labor. i found a regulator online for $82, but how do i replace the bad one? when it broke, there was a loud snapping sound as the window was going up.

i took off the door panel, plastic, etc. and saw a steel wire out of the track, not winding right (plus it scratched the window film). all i could see was a white plastic wheel where i assume the wire has to go around, but i can't determine whether i should take out the rivets and remove the whole assembly. or is there another way to repair this problem?

thanks,
mark

·
Registered
W211/W210 Estate /W209/W208
1,970 Posts
The plastic roller broke and the WHOLE window regulator MUST be replaced..drill out the rivets and replace the defective regulator..very easy to do.

·
Registered
2001 e320 wagon
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i found a new one on ebay, got it for $50. i will do the repair next week. i better get proficient at replacing these regulators, it appears you replace them more often than you change the oil.

god bless mb!!![:D]

·
Registered
2001 e320 wagon
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did the repair, piece of cake. the hardest part was putting in the top rivet, it kept coming off. but i managed to get it done, works like a charm.

mark

"vivir con miedo es como vivir a medias"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts