1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys
i hope somebody will help me
Recently i had the passenger glass of my mercedes c180 coupe 2001 broken
and it cant be replaced because the plastic clip which is used with window regulator to hold the glass is broken (left on the picture )
Can anybody tell me where i could buy it as i looking everywhere but dont know where to find it
thanks

Attachments

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
18,960 Posts
I don't believe that part is available individually - I think it;s part of the regulator. however, you may be able to fashion a nut and bolt on it to keep it attached to the glass. I did this on the rear door glass in my C240.

·
Registered
2001 C320 W203
576 Posts
The replacement parts: A2037200114
front and rear window uses the same parts. i think many online shops are selling it.

hello guys
i hope somebody will help me
Recently i had the passenger glass of my mercedes c180 coupe 2001 broken
and it cant be replaced because the plastic clip which is used with window regulator to hold the glass is broken (left on the picture )
Can anybody tell me where i could buy it as i looking everywhere but dont know where to find it
thanks

Attachments

·
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
18,960 Posts
I am not sure that's the one. There is another clip on the rear of the glass, and I think that's the one that is broken.

·
Registered
B200 Turbo
8 Posts
I had the same clip brake on my wife's c200, My mechanic replaced it with a new modified rubber type he said that is much better and stronger, I had him replace all the window clips which also rectified a click/crack noise when opening and closing them. he said they would all fail in the near future as it was a weakness with them

·
Registered
2001 C320 W203
576 Posts
That should be the part number that I suggested above.

I had the same clip brake on my wife's c200, My mechanic replaced it with a new modified rubber type he said that is much better and stronger, I had him replace all the window clips which also rectified a click/crack noise when opening and closing them. he said they would all fail in the near future as it was a weakness with them

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just did this repair. Ordered a new regulator from Autohauz. It does NOT come with the regulator plastic piece you show broken. Once I openned the door panel I realized that the plastic clip broke in two and the bolt broke - the regulator was fine but could not be atatched to the glass. I bought a dollars worth of nut and bolt and washer, I glued the plastic together to protect the bolt from binding on the window and I added some cut rubber bicycle tubing to both sides of the window to further prevent binding. Returned the part back to Autohauz and was $140 richer. In decending order of install - bolt, washer, rubber tubing, plastic guide, glass, rubber tubing, washer, nut. Works like a charm and by far the cheapest repair ever done on the car!

·
18,960 Posts
Yep, I did a similar repair on one of my rear windows. Instead of a bolt, it just has a plastic "clip" that locks into the hole in the glass. I added a small bolt with rubber washers and it's been fine for years.

·
Registered
2002 C320, 2006 R350 4Matic
92 Posts
I just had this same problem on the rear passenger and I took it apart yesterday to find the same situation and I only raised the glass but havn't fixed it yet. Anyways I did some research and found out that there may be a new revised version of the part.

2002 Mercedes-Benz C320 Base Sedan - Bumpers, Doors, Latches & Lids - Page 4

Part Number: 203-720-01-14-M22
"Note: To mount window glass to window regulator rail."

I ordered from ebay for checkout convenience and cheaper price. Still OEM though. I will update after I install it next week.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz-C240-C320-C230-C32-C350-Genuine-Window-Regulator-Installation-Kit-/111277391344?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AC320&hash=item19e8a63df0&vxp=mtr

·
18,960 Posts
Yep, that will fix it. It's just the "OEM" part for what I improvised with a few rubber washers and a spare nut and bolt from the spare parts bin in my garage. Note that you will be installing this by "feel", but it's not that difficult.

·
Registered
2002 C320, 2006 R350 4Matic
92 Posts
Yep, that will fix it. It's just the "OEM" part for what I improvised with a few rubber washers and a spare nut and bolt from the spare parts bin in my garage. Note that you will be installing this by "feel", but it's not that difficult.
Just fixed it today using the OEM kit and all went very smooth. Yea it's a little overpriced for what it is but it's actually designed perfectly, the window seems better than the others now, smooth and stiff.

Thanks for all the info everyone posted here, it surely assisted me in the repair. Hopefully I added a little more info to make it easy for others.

·
Registered
2002 C240 Auto (Hijacked by criminals)
204 Posts
And this is the proper way for threads/posts to finish off! Anyone who has a similar problem can see the process through to a successful end. I hate posts where people ask for advice, they get it and don't re-post when the problem is solved. Nicely done!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am facing the same problem lol. 2002 c320. I was waxing her today and I went to roll up the window and bam. Nothing. Motor worked, no weird noises. Just sounds like a normal function. Thing is, no glass is coming up lol. So, I'm going to pull the panel tomorrow and see where to start. I'll keep following this thread. You guys are all great! I just hope I have a snapped plastic clip aswell lol

·
Registered
MBZ 2007 E350 4M 2007 GL450 4M
16 Posts
Had the same problem on my daughters C240 2002, rear glass just fell down and when I tried to roll up it completely ruined the tint. I found a rubber washer and nut that would fit the bolt that goes thru the plastic and put it on the outside-side and tightened snug but not to much was afraid I might break the glass. seems to work pretty good now but I may order the repair part even thou I don't like price gouging.

·
Registered
88 560SL - 01 C240 - 02 W210 4matic Wagon - W212 4matic wagon
1,081 Posts
I'm a little confused about this ?? RR Window glass came off the white plastic clip on the regulator --- was the glass originally clipped on through the hole in the glass? It looks like the white clip expands and holds the glass. I tried to pop the glass back on -- but I can't tell if it is bottoming out as if some the plastic came off of the clip -- or if I'm not pushing hard enough. The strange thing is .... can see threads of a bolt going through the clip ...but it does not look like it ever had a nut on it?

I looked in the bottom of the door and can find no parts -- like a nut. If I put a nut on the bolt ......I will have metal (nut) against the glass?

·
18,960 Posts
The plastic trolley used to have a set of tabs that snapped into the hole int he glass, but they are now broken off. You can use a small bolt to fix this. Just use rubber washers to isolate the bolt from the glass.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Got it -- I guess on of them came off. So ....... MB never bothered to install the nut?

I see MB makes a kit with a round rubber grommet and nut system __ it's hard to see what is going on in there :)

·
18,960 Posts
There was never a nut - from the factory, the plastic trolley just snapped into the hole int he glass. The repair kit is noting but a nut, bolt and rubber isolators, which you can easily improvise with spare parts in the garage (well, at leas my garage). And yes, it's pretty hard to see what you are doing in there. A mirror is helpful, but you'll still end up doing the repair "blind", by feel.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Called my local dealer -- Fix kit had to be ordered ($14.50) . I assumed it had a nut ... just went out to give another look -- what a dumb design!. I did not see that the clip had a threaded insert. Why not skip the threaded insert and clamp the whole assembly -- glass and all ...together with a rubber grommet and nut?

The plastic tabs had to eventually fail -- and MB does not sell them .. at least my dealer's parts guy could not find them. I had the fix kit number.

Thank's for you help -- I took a rubber washer and nut with attached washer .. and put it all together. I keep the kit for future use... like the other door. Are the fronts the same?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts