Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1989 190e 2.6
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a '89 190e 2.6. I went to the junkyard and pulled out the regulator from there, but i had to damage the door to get it out. The cable on my window regulator is snapped so Ive got to change it. Is there anyway to get it out peacefully? It's the rear driver side door.

The car use to start no problems. But lately starting it has been a little sketchy and when it does start, it'll either turn off or idle low until it turns off. If i press the gas it'll run ok and when i let go it'll just idle really low around or under 500 rpm. Any idea on how to fix the bad idle? I was thinking it would need a tune up of some sort or that it was just cold.

·
Registered
'87 190E 2.6
186 Posts
Drivers Power Window:

Remove the inner door panel.
Use a piece of masking tape to hold the window up.
Inside the door where the regulator attaches to the window there is a small plastic clip that keeps the sliding action from falling out of the track. Pop that clip off (pull down), Mine was brown in color.

Now unbolt the lower part of the window guide and the three bolts holding the motor housing to the door and push the entire assy into the door. Pivot the upper part of the track towards the front of the car to get it to slide off the window and it shoudl almost fall out. Don't forget the two wires in the Kostal connector for the window switch.

The upper bolt for the window track was already removed when you removed the door panel.

That shoudl be it.

Low/Poor Idle is usually a function of the idle speed motor, I'd suggest a cleaning and to make sure that the two hoses are in good shape.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts