Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I am beginning to have problems on a 98 CLK where the windows either do not lift completely or lift and then drop a bit. This has caused several drives with open windows at 32 or less degrees (all you SoCal drivers quit laughing). I searched the archives and found several posts that there was a problem but I did not find a solution. Any help would be appreciated. I am on my 4th trip to the dealer and will be going back next Tuesday.<br>
<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
This is a common problem caused by a fault in the adjustment of a sensor that determines the position of the window. Mine was repaired/replaced in less than one day. Your dealer should be able to handle this easily so I am surprised it has taken four visits.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
If this doesn't fix it, the dealer will need to replace the window motor

Holding down the window lowering button at 1 click (not auto) wait until it finally is lowered all the way. Without releasing the button, press it further to the second click and hold it for 10 seconds. Do the same steps for raising the window. Try it and see if it works now. If not, you're dealer will have to replace the unit.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Re: If this doesn't fix it, the dealer will need to replace the window motor

Thanks for the key. I will try that this afternoon and advise of the results.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
If it's broken, it's a common problem. I think I've had mine replaced 3 times in 24,000 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts