Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For starts Happy Thanksgiving to all. Ok my 96 c280 driver window is the problem child. Purchased a so called mb service manual online and said that the window relay is behind the driver door panel, nope. Have disconnected the wiring clip to window motor both wires have 10volts to chassie ground but nothing together. Even when i toggle the window switch the voltage does not change. I've found realys all over this little gem, one batch is under the fuse box bolt down cover. Pulled the cover panel under the steering wheel and didn't see any relays there. The window motor wires are routed to the center console just forward of the gear shift. Not realy wanting to take the console apart. Any suggestion Please:bowdown::bowdown:.
Thanks all

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A little more info. In the manual i have the driver front door control module is labeled as n69/1 with a coordinate of 27a. Still can't find the proper location for this said module. I know it's not in the driver door.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope all have had a great christmas and looking forward to a new year!! Here we go found the window relay box in the trunk behind the battery. Can manually push the coils in fir window up and down in the driver side and it works!! Motor good! Now I thought the switch was bad disassembled and used my tester up and down both show continuity when pressed! All known fuses are good front and rear. Is it possible for the coils to go bad? They just are not powering up to pull the contacts together. Is their a jumper point in the relay itself to test the coils?? Thanks all.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts