Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having a problem with my 82 300D window. The window is stuck in the up position (At least it didnt get stuck in the down position otherwise I would have a problem with rain), anyways I checked the fuses they seem to be fine, and the window is getting power to it, because when I press the button to move the window up I can hear the motor operating but no movement, and when I press the button to roll it down, I dont get anything at all. Any ideas what I can check before I have to tear the whole door panel apart? (Ive already checked and cleaned the button for the window and it seems to operate fine.)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had a similar problem take the ceramic fuse out and look at it closely you will probably see that the tips of the fuse are cracked (they look ok to veiw but closer inspection you will see where they contat cracked or broken -just replace<br> <br> cheers

·
Registered
82 240d
2 Posts
window problem

I had to replace my window regulator on the drivers side door.After 20 years of rolling the window up and down it broke,although I have manual windows, so I don't have to mess with motors and switches and I am very glad.you can go to your local dealer and still get parts,the regulator was in stock at A good price.

·
Registered
280SL Pagoda, BMW318
98 Posts
Power window fun

There seems to be three problems one will encounter...

1. The fuse. If the fuse is gone, it will also affect the diagonally opposite window as well (e.g. if you are trying to fix the front left, and the fuse is gone, the rear right also won't work).

2. The switch. Amazingly easy to fix if you're careful. check that you are in fact getting the power in and out of the switch to the right places before you either rule this one out or try to fix.

3. The motor. If not used for a while, the brushes may become corroded. You can easily check if power is getting to the motor when the switch is pushed up/down at the appropriate terminal. If so, then it's your motor. If not, check somewhere else (including the wiring sometimes). Assuming power is getting to your motor, get a mallet, and give it a light tap as somone pushes the switch to try and knock the motor into operation (not too hard now [:)] ). Often this will get the motor working again. If not, you may need to actually remove the motor and rebuild/replace.

Hope that's some help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.