Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took my 82 300DT into the shop to have the alternator rebuilt and a a/c leak fixed.<br> I got the car back after about 500 bucks, which wasnt too bad, but I noticed that the driver side window stopped working. I assume that they knocked some wire loose or didnt reconnect one while they were working on the alternator, I already checked the fuses to the windows and those checked out fine. Do the windows have any sort of vaccum components in them or are they just a plain eletric motor. The second problem was that they fixed the a/c but the problem is that the 2 center vents hardly blow anything out. the things that open and shut the vents work fine. Any ideas what that could be? Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Try replacing your fuses. If the window was working before, it should be okay. My wagon window on the passenger side has a mind of it's own. Oxidation can cause a faulty contact.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One way to be sure it's not the fuse is to test the opposite window (i.e. in this case, the opposite rear window - right if you are left hand drive). Since you say it is not the fuse we will go from there.<br> <br> It could be the switch. Carefully pull the switch out from the console and using a test lamp see if power is being distributed through the switch as it is depressed (the switches ground rather than supply power from memory?).<br> <br> If the switch is faulty they are very easy to rebuild and are also quite cheap to replace new. If not, then it is probably your motor. The good news is that Mercedes window motors tend to be very reliable, so it's usually not totally stuffed. Often they corrode in place and the power doesn't get through the brushes. Often, all that is needed is a good thump with a rubber mallet on the motor as you operate the switch (with the door skin etc off obviously).<br> <br> Hmm. The airconditioning is weird. So they fixed a leak. Was it one where they would have removed the centre vents? If so, I can only assume they have not reassembled everything correctly - or if you have that stupid climate control option, then it could be a vacuum module or the control module playing up. <br> <br> Hope that's some help.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it is one of those stupid, fancy, climate control systems. Personally I like the good old mechanical lever that manufactuers put into cars. As for the a/c I think the mechanic did a dye test and replaced a few leaky hoses, but he didnt mess around with the two vents, They really never worked to begin with. Ill take the advice for the window. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.