Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1995 sl320,1997 e320
44 Posts
Windscreen

I use my windscreen with either my wife or daughter in the car. I think the car looks sleeker with it and the windows down. I do like the rollbar up, as someone else said it gives it a sleek, aggressive look. My wife likes it up when she is in the car so that her hair doesn't blow all over the place. I will use it occassionally if I am on the highway.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm excited, I found a Silver Arrow windscreen on eBay for around $250 so I can't wait to get it home to try it out. I don't have a Silver Arrow, but my SL is silver, and well that windscreen is just BAD. I've never had a windscreen so I will be doing meticulous tests to see how they work, I'll get back to ya on that one!!

·
Banned
Y2K SL500 Silver
8,660 Posts
When my wife is in the car or when the outside temp is low I will but the windows and windstop up with the roll bar down. Especially at higher speeds.

Around town I have the windows and windstop down. On occassion I manually raise the roll bar just for the effect.

Have you ever used your windstop to diffuse headlight brightness in your rear view mirror?

With the top up or down. Sometimes I raise my roll bar w/ windstop to diffuse the headlights in my rear view mirror.

Untitled

·
Registered
2000 Obsidian Black Metallic Mercedes SL 320 V6 (SOLD) 2012 E 350CDI Cabrio 265 PS
4,546 Posts
I usually drive my car with the windscreen on and the roll bar down above the speed of 70 KPH (about 50 MPH) since I have a ponytail to avoid to chew my hair: I've driven that way up to 210 K (130 mph) with almost no problems including phone calls......
Tested a Jaguar XK (the brand new jaguar convertible) and it even doesnt' come as an option !!!!!!
I kept having my hair smash my face like in a pub fight eheheh.
So above 70 k windscreen forever.
Cheers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
lynns said:
Have you ever used your winscreen to diffuse headlight brightness in your rear view mirror?

Sometimes I use my roll bar w/ windscreen to diffuse the headlights in my rear view mirror. With the top up or down.
Do you have the auto dimming rear view? I can't imagine using the windscreen and that, I have a hard time seeing anything with the just the dimmed mirror.

I like to scope out the headlights to see if there's a cop behind me but between the rear view and the dimmed, slightly double visioned side mirror, I can't make out anything! errrrr, maybe I'm just getting old. :(

I have long hair but my husband has always had a motorcycle so I am used to, and love, the wind in my face. But in reality, it isn't in your face, it's behind your head and it's sort of hard to see when your hair is wrapped like a turban around your eyes. Not only does it blind you, but it hurts! So I use my windscreen when I forgot something to tie my hair back with or if I'm on my way to a special occasion. I like my hair mussed but not like I just came out of a wind tunnel.:p

·
Registered
'90 MBZ 500SL, '96 BMW 328iC, '88 BMW 325iC
65 Posts
I never use it because I love the wind. HOWEVER, I was driving in Indianapolis yesterday, BEAUTIFUL sunny day, and the wife (all done up cause we were going from a wedding to the reception) insisted the top be up. Well, I kinda wanted to make my grand entrance with the top down, so we negotiated to use the windscreen with the windows up. Worked perfectly, she was content and I was much happier. I have a feeling this will happen a lot more in the future as my benz is the date car.
-B

21 - 27 of 27 Posts