Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 SL500
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I punched a hole in my wind deflector screen. Has anyone had experience in getting the screening replaced? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
92 300E
78 Posts
Yeah - mine too. I did some research and it turns out that they are made by a company cal...

Yeah - mine too. I did some research and it turns out that they are made by a company called Orvis in Germany. They make the ones for the Miata's too, which is mostly what turns up when you do an Internet search on them. Anyway, I wrote to one of the dealers (for the Miata ones) and Orvis DOES NOT market a replacement screen, etc for them - they want you to buy an new one for $230.00. Upon closer inspection of mine, I think I have a way to fix it if one could get the material (which I'm sure one could at a fabrix or auto upholstery place). I will probably work on mine this weekend. Let me know if you are interested in what I come up with, and I'd be interested in hearing if you (or anyone else) has any input.

·
Registered
1991 500SL
19 Posts
I punched a hole in my wind deflector screen. Has anyone had experience in getting the screening replaced? Any recommendations?
I would recomend anger management classes.

N

1 - 3 of 3 Posts