Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I doubt it. Weight, influence on styling, customer demand and complexity are against it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Not the headlight wipers but my headlight washer never works properly. I seldom use it but every time I tried, it did not work. It was repaired 3 times under warranty.

It is not working now and since my car is no longer under warranty, I don't bother anymore.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
No, I don't think Mercedes will make the completely 'flat' style headlights (like the W201/W124/W126/W140) anytime in the foreseeable future...

·
Registered
385 Posts
I hope not.
Goofy looking and poor performance; and the refills cost twice what the real wipers do.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Doubt it with headlight washer jets. It's aesthetically a better solution given the lines of most cars. I'd imagine it also has less drag which would help with CAFE standards.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Do you guys use your headlight washer jets often?

Mine went defective 3 times probably because I never used them.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
It's an engineering success story to have replaced a maintenance-intensive system with a maintenance-free system. Time has marched on and will not revert. 3000 mile oil change isn't coming back, either.

·
Registered
35,769 Posts
Don't know if the wipers were maintenance-intensive. It is the power jets that gives owners lot of headaches.
When I bought W124 couple years ago, the headlight wipers were all messed up. I absolutely don't need them in California, but I restored them for the looks. Didn't spend a fortune for new blades, so it slides on flat rubber now, since the sharp part of blades broke off.
Looking good and sure makes it unique.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts