Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1963 220 Seb Cabriolet, and I have an opportunity to get a very nice set of 1969 108 body 280SE bumpers in excellent shape (they are on a sedan).
Any idea if these might fit my early Benz? I'm sure someone must have looked into this bumper swap from a 108 to a 111, but where mine is a cabriolet that may cause a problem as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
If I remember well the front will fit straight, but the rear will need some massaging.

I wouldn't fit w108 bumpers on a W111 Cab. It wil show immediatly.

·
Registered
448 Posts
You have a beautiful cab - don't be a tight a$$, buy the correct bumpers!
A group of us in Australia recently did a batch buy of brand new stainless steel bumpers for W111 made by ex-pat englishmen running a business now based in Vietnam. Check Group Harrington on ebay. They are very nice bumpers and at around $1000 delivered to Oz, cheaper than trying to get old ones straightened then re-chromed. I got a set for my coupe too, which are the same as the cab.

It won't help you but we also got them to make the trims on the finnie sedans that go around the base of all the glass - much nicer than old anodised ones.

Anyway, if you are interested then PM me and I can put you in contact with the guy here who organised it all. We are not agents for them, or reselling for profit, just a bunch of fellow fin-heads who banded together to get a better deal. Hopefully others can benefit from our experience.

Cheers, Drew in Oz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts