Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hunting for a pair of used Renntech Monolites to go on my 2001 e55 for a while now but it seems they are all either too expensive or too far and the seller will not ship. I recently came across a pair listed extremely cheap and I have a friend not far away who would be willing to pick them up for me. Unfortunately, they are very far from me so I will not be able to test fit them. They are a non staggered 20x10" set. Offset is 42 and 52. I suspect they are too big but would like to make sure before passing them up. Does anyone know if I can I make them work on my car?

·
Registered
35,769 Posts
A pair with 42 and 53 offset? So they are different rims and sounds like they come from S class.
You will need spacers to fit them on your E and spacers is not favorable way to make solid setup.
When you add cost of quality spacers and custom bolts- the deal is not cheap anymore.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A pair with 42 and 53 offset? So they are different rims and sounds like they come from S class.
You will need spacers to fit them on your E and spacers is not favorable way to make solid setup.
When you add cost of quality spacers and custom bolts- the deal is not cheap anymore.
It is a strange set considering only offset is different but width remains the same. All others I have seen were wider in the rear than front. I'm surprised to hear I may need spacers, figured 10" on the front would be too wide.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I can't really help you with this issue, but do you have a picture of the wheels? I'm just curious to see what they look like.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are sic!
Yeah I'm in love with them. I wanted something to save weight but almost all aftermarket stuff just seems like it would look so out of place on an AMG. Thats why Ive been searching specifically for a set of Renntechs, I think they blend style and performance better than anyone else. They sure are hard to find though

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm sure they are regardless of price of spacers when comes down to it if those are what you want and if you think it's worth spending the money on quality parts they'll work and as long as your happy with them I have 245/35/19 on my e430 4matic I want to lower it next not sure how far down I can go before I'll rub and have to roll my inner fenders and qrt panels so they won't rub? It's really been difficult finding aftermarket performance parts it's a 2000 so I thought there would be more options would love to turbo or supercharge it as well the kits I've found are outrageous lol wish I had the knowledge pertaining to Mercedes like I do with Honda's I'd b able to Frankenstein something together but all the technology that goes into these cars amazes and frustrates me at the same time I just replaced the fuel filter now it's idling like I have a monster cam in it my engine lights on scanned it.and it's telling me cyl 4,5,6,7,8 misfire.....I'm ready to give up....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts