Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
W208
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question guys my buddy from work has some HRE 19's on his bmw and want's to sell them, the fitment is 5 x 120 mm, and they are 19 x 9 all the way around will these fit? Another question i had was that i know most w208 have the staggered look, is this necessary or is simply for looks? What would happen is i went 19 x 9 all the way around?
Thanks

·
Registered
CL
297 Posts
not sure about 19 x 9 up front, usually with 19's on the clk, we go 19 x 8.5 front and 19 x 9.5 rear. you are looking at an offset of about +35mm for proper fitment. higher offsets will fit but you will need spacers to make it work. also i see you said the hres are 5x120, we use 5x112. additionally, hre wheels are custom made for each car and to the specifications of that car. after all that, i think its safe to say, they wont fit.

EDIT: also you asked about staggered being for looks or necessity. you dont have to go staggered if you dont want to. staggered does however give you a more aggressive, sporty look and with wider rubber in the back, gives you a bit more traction. clk320's come with 16 x 7 all around for example

·
Registered
W208
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks benz, for the info, your right after doing research they are not going to fit. Benz if i did 19 x 9 all the way around would the front wheel still be able to tuck in or pop out? I'm planning on lowering my clk so i want the front and back to tuck in. Any info would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
5 x 120 will not fit on benz, it's for bmw. MB uses 5 x 112.

19 x 9 seems a bit wide for front (ok with rear), for CLK I would say don't go more than 8.5" wide for front rims.

·
Registered
W208
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lnguy, so if i put 19 x 9 in the front there will be a problem? I'm just asking because i just saw an ad in the recycler and some guy is selling some HRE's that are 5 x 112, 35mm, and 19 x 9 all around for $900 bucks no tires, i checked them out and they are super clean.

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
Gate1way2 - 2/25/2005 2:29 PM

lnguy, so if i put 19 x 9 in the front there will be a problem? I'm just asking because i just saw an ad in the recycler and some guy is selling some HRE's that are 5 x 112, 35mm, and 19 x 9 all around for $900 bucks no tires, i checked them out and they are super clean.
It also depends on the size of your tires. If you go with what 19 x 9 suggested, then it will rub your fenders when you make sharp turns (mostly only when pulling and out of parking lot). If you put a normal tire size for CLK on 19 x 9 on front wheels, then it will not hold air very well (and don't look right either). Thus, 19 x 8 or 19 x 8.5 would be the better choices for you. Don't rush, shop around first. I ended up buying 5 sets of wheels until I came up with somewhat ... hmm ... OK ones. I am now looking again [:p]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts