Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 audi S4 Cabriolet
98 Posts
For your information, the original wheels on my C240 were 7X16 ET46 with 205-55 R16 tires. This means 7" wide with an offset of 46mm. My new rims are 8.5X18 ET35 with 225-40 R18 tires. The new tires looks to be close to the max inner clearance in the front. I am not sure you should try to fit 245 tires in the front.

The description of the ebay listing defers from the item specifics of this same listing. I would confirm with vendor before buying.

My 8.5X18 wheels are a bit too wide for 225 tires. You would be better with 7.5X18 or 8X18 wheels. The bolt pattern of 5X112 is good but you will most likely need new lugs as 1st MB lugs are spheric and not conic like many aftermarket wheels are and 2nd, your OEM lugs might be too long for the rear wheels (you can't install too long of lugs in the rear as they will interfere with the parking brake)

If you can get 7.5X18 ET45 with 225/40R18 tires like in the description, it should fit your car. Here are 2 useful links to calculate the tire size upgrade and the offset calculator:
Wheel offset calculator
Tire size calculator

Good luck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
For your information, the original wheels on my C240 were 7X16 ET46 with 205-55 R16 tires. This means 7" wide with an offset of 46mm. My new rims are 8.5X18 ET35 with 225-40 R18 tires. The new tires looks to be close to the max inner clearance in the front. I am not sure you should try to fit 245 tires in the front.

The description of the ebay listing defers from the item specifics of this same listing. I would confirm with vendor before buying.

My 8.5X18 wheels are a bit too wide for 225 tires. You would be better with 7.5X18 or 8X18 wheels. The bolt pattern of 5X112 is good but you will most likely need new lugs as 1st MB lugs are spheric and not conic like many aftermarket wheels are and 2nd, your OEM lugs might be too long for the rear wheels (you can't install too long of lugs in the rear as they will interfere with the parking brake)

If you can get 7.5X18 ET45 with 225/40R18 tires like in the description, it should fit your car. Here are 2 useful links to calculate the tire size upgrade and the offset calculator:
Wheel offset calculator
Tire size calculator

Good luck.
hey you got those nasty black handles just like me (N) thought about anything to get them to be painted? im thinking about sanding, priming and painting them to my body colour.

·
Registered
2006 audi S4 Cabriolet
98 Posts
hey you got those nasty black handles just like me (N) thought about anything to get them to be painted? im thinking about sanding, priming and painting them to my body colour.
I have been playing with the idea for 2 years now and have not done anything about it yet.
I have another more serious body problem: Some jerk (I have treated her worst than that) :bash: did not clean her roof from snow and freezing rain last winter and I got a nasty sheet of ice from her on my hood at 100km/h. I did not notice at first (night and dirty car) but it left a dent on my hood that is not too obvious but would be quite hard to fix. I am considering my options and one of them is to fix it quickly (50%) and install racing stripes on top of the damaged hood and along the roof, trunks and bumpers as well. This repair would cost less than a new hood and paint and would look cool. The racing stripes would be off center on the passenger side like the M5s on the movie Mr&Mrs Smith. I saw a 2009 Silver M5 with these stripes in black a few weeks ago and loved them.
I will fix my door handles at the same time as my hood...
Here are some pics of the racing stipes

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts