Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a W203 c240 -- '05

I am thinking about doing the exhaust but I do not want it to sound like a rice burner... Basically I was looking for something a little more throaty and euro growling sounding. I do not want it to sound like a honda with a 5 inch dunk can that was bought at wal-mart and attached with super glue.

Performance gain is the goal here and some more grunt but I do not have any desire to have it sound like some of the setups you hear on youtube with quad pipes and resonator delete and stripped cats and the whole 9 yards.

This is why I was wondering about the AMG setup.

Thanks in advance.

Also I was wondering where any of you look for bodykits...
I am contemplating getting kitted up before summer :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
amg exhaust won't do any and worthless...
have u ever listened to brabus/remus/kleemann exhaust on c240?
it's quite different from honda....
if u still don't like the tone (for whatever reason), then just get schatz exhaust tips...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am trying to find audio clips of them on a 240 -- I can only seem to find ones with resonator deletes and they are SUPER loud. I know what you mean about it not sounding like a hond :) after all its at least a 6 and its german but I just dont want it to sound like its screaming for attention like some of them do with all the clear pipes and cans.

I would be interested in hearing the Kleeman setup and the Brabus but I cant find audio anywhere :( I have heard a bunch of the Remus setups and they all have some other mod it seems to make it just sound tooooo loud... then again it could just be that the clips are taken with cellphone type cameras it seems like and the audio is just not clean...

Thanks for the ideas and if you can find any audio let me know...
also I find clips for the C230k but thats a charged 4 so the sound is guna be alot different no ?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, that sounds great at Idle...

I found a clip of one reving a little bit and it was purring and growling not screaming like a turbocharged weed wacker honda :) hahah

You have the whole Remus system ? or just the muffler ? or is it like cat back ? or header back ?

Also where did you get it ? and how much you spend :)

Thanks MJ your always a wealth of knowladge :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm looking for the same, only on my C320. The Remus are always the best sounding. Checked out a lot of them and if price isn't a major factor, I'd go with one of theirs without a doubt. Unfortunately for me it is a factor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here, I have a 03 C240 4Matic that id like to get a quad exhaust set up on. I want to to sound deep, yet not so deep that it starts sounding like a beat up attention grabber (civics) LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts