Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the 2004 model year offer 5.5l normally aspirated engine in the usa instead of the current 5.0l

any clues are welcome-please include your souce of information

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: will the 2004 model year offer 5.5l normally aspirated engine in the usa instead of the cur....

My belief at this time is that the current engine will last for about 18 months. So, maybe that is a 2004.<br> <br> Regards, Lawrence.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This what is scheduled in Europe...

The 5.5 engine is already scheduled for the brand new CLK, launched this week at Geneva exhibition.<br> <br> 5.5 liters for 367 HP, not that bad, that should give the SL some more punch and easy acceleration.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow! Thats great news!

My lease ends july 2003! I am on the list for the new SL for a few years so I can get it almost anytime. So I hope by the time I need it it will be SL550!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my lease ends sept, 2003- i wish there was more info available on the timing of the 4 valve/cylinder

5.5l engine available. it seems like a closely guarded secret-perhaps to protect current sales of the 'new' sl with its old engine and old gps system.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Wow! Thats great news!

Please let me know of all the changes for 2004. I just put the order in last week for a car amd understand I wont see it untill next year. My dealer removed the price on the receipt and wrote as delivered. He said there was going to be a few changes.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Different 5.5-liter Supercharged V8 For CLK55 AMG & SL55 AMG

Although both CLK55 AMG and SL55 AMG have a 5.5-liter supercharged V8. The one in CLK55 produces 367hp while the one in SL55 produces 476hp!<br> <br> The E55 AMG will use the one in SL55 AMG.<br> <br> As for the coming S-Class and CL-Class, the top-of-the-range engine may be a 5.6-liter Bi-turbo V12 that produces 476hp and 900Nm.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: SL55 AMG?

kc-a 996 carrera 4s is a porsche! i decided not to buy another mercedes during its first year of production after a blown engine appeared at 9200 mi on my 2002 c32 amg.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts