Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML430
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
I found the nice write-up in the DIY thread for changing the trans fluid. But NOWHERE can I find a measurement for the dipstick tool, so that I can use one of my own making rather than having to buy the M/B tool.

It seems clear from reading posts that the M/B tool is not designed to seat all the way into the tube. It appears ya just shove it in the hole something close to 32", 'til it hits the pan.

All fine-n-goofy.... except that I still have no idea what that measurement from pan to top of fluid should be?

HELP!?

thanks!

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
You're quite welcome. Note that the measuring tape is metric, not US, though.

The dipstick tool has TWO ranges, one for 25c (cold) and the other for 80c (operating temp) The two ranges are visible on that dipstick, both are only about 10mm range, with about 30mm between them. I think 60mm is pretty close to the middle of the operating temp range.

Good luck with it. There's also a sticky in there about how you can use the trans pump to flush out the rest of your old fluid once you've changed the filter and fluid in the pan.

·
Registered
2002 CLK 430 1999 ML 320
92 Posts
Ya know the title of this thread sounds kinda......well , funny. > will somebody measure their dipstick tool please?

·
Registered
Black 2005 ML 500
1,662 Posts
I posted that information long time ago for somebody, and I found the image.

AC

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts