Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
w203
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought new 19x8.5(f) and 19x9.5(r)lm5 lorinser wheels and tired to put them on....everything was going great up untill i tired to move the car and it wouldn't move....after giving it a little more gas the wheel moved about 4 inches and made this loud cracking sound or scratching sound.....(what happened??????) however....i called my mercedes dealership to ask them what the problem might be...and they suggested it could be that my stock luggs are to long and scratching my parking break.....what should i do about my lugs?? becuz buying new lugs for my wheels are around $$100 a wheel.....should i go a head and pay for them or will shaving my orginal stock lugs do the trick??? let me kno your thoughts.....THANKS

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
The stock lug bolts are too long. You need to have the car checked to see if you damaged ...

The stock lug bolts are too long. You need to have the car checked to see if you damaged the parking brakes. Shorter bolts can be puchased from numerous places such as many local tire and wheel stores. You can definitely get them from Tire Rack.

·
Registered
2003 C320 coupe
31 Posts
i guess u bought at the wrong place! my 19" wheels with tires came with lugs nuts..

i guess u bought at the wrong place! my 19" wheels with tires came with lugs nuts..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts