Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
350SLK AMG (2005)
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have just been told my car it dec(week) 2/3 of march build. I was told when i placed the order i would get it at the end of march!!!!

will it come before 31st march. I live in UK London.

the dealer says he is 95% sure it will - as their is a price rise on the 1 April and Merc closes for the month it would mean £600 more and a month wait.

I just sold my TT so i would be screwed.

Oh and can they increase the price like that even though its not the price i ordered the car at, they say i would loose my deposit if i didn't buy it, but i said they have no right increasing the cost to me as its their fault if they dont meet the delivery date i was told (end of march)

oh they said i would loose the deposit as the car has been built to my spec and they would have to sell it on, but he let it slit that they could sell it 10 times over - so i said they were being out of order and trying to rippp people of, so he said he would consider giving the deposit back depending on how quickly they sold the car!!!!!

opinions please.

·
Registered
SLK 350
69 Posts
Hi Mate

The build date on my car is 3rd decade Feb which means the last ten days of Feb. I have had confirmation that my car will arrive at the dealership this Friday. You can do the maths!!

·
Registered
SLK350
693 Posts
Dilemma. The dealer should guarantee your price, I think you might have a legal case if they fail to deliver on the promised date and then charge you for a higher price at the later date. When is the contract made? Get the final spec agreed and get an invoice from your dealer and that is a contract, the price is final, regardless of delivery date. I got an order with prices on it a few weeks before delivery.
By the way, you might speed things up by picking it up in Bremen. You can fly out Sunday, pickup and drive back monday, visit garage Tuesday am, so you need a day and a couple of hours in the morning off work.
Which dealer are we talking about? PM me if you dont want to post it, I am curious.

·
Registered
SLK350 6MT
294 Posts
There was a price increase in the US Feb. 1, 2005. My car arrived at the dealer Feb 1, I completed the purchase Feb 2 and picked the car up on Feb 4. I was not charged the price increase, probably because the car had been invoiced to the dealer before Feb.1. I think you should be OK.

·
Registered
350SLK AMG (2005)
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi the garage is Bedford Merc England

I seriously hope it arrives otherwise i am in trouble. the sales told me that dec 1 represents week 1 GIT, i thought it sounded strange callind 7days a decade

yippym when did u get delivery date confirmation

·
Registered
SLK 350
69 Posts
yippym when did u get delivery date confirmation[/QUOTE]

I only found out yesterday after I called to chase. I think the exact delivery date to dealer can only be confirmed after the bulid date ie once your car has been built!! Agree with Joyful that if you wanna get it a bit quicker get it yourself in Bremen.

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Very strange experience when I ordered mine. I had a '53 230 R170. The jury woz out on whether we liked the R171, so I thought I'd wait till I saw one in the flesh. The model woz launched at our local dealers in mid July 04. I decided that I would like to by one, so had a word that afternoon with my contact at the dealers. I woz told they had been allocated an extra R171, and if I put a deposit (1K sterlng) down there & then, I could have it delivered for early December. I cannot repeat the reason's that they told me why they could do this for me, but suffice to say, it had a lot to do with origin of the majority of the majority of their customers, which I found (their attitude) disgusting. I was initially going to pick my wheels up from the local dealer, but then in August, my company moved offices, relocating in a 'bonded' disribution (ex MOD( Ministry of Defence)) site. When the MOD moved out, they sub-let the large secure sight to several local buisnesses, including local main dealers. I had ordered my 350, and was told of the early Dec delivery date, but could you imagine, going to work every morning, and seeing several brand new SLK's squirreled away,often for up to 3-4 weeks. Thats when I decided to pick mine up from Bremen. As soon as I let the dealer know I wanted to do that, my 'pick-up date' was brought forward to the 10th of November. I firmly believe that part of the reason for the extended delivery times is not production delays, but the actual dealers not being able to process and 'PDI' the cars they have been sent. (my poor little finger is now worn out!!).

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Whoops - sorry - yes, a late 03 230, which in the UK gave it a '53' reg plate [:I][:I]

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
Oh, I see. Sorry for my ignorance of the plates in the UK...[:D][8D][:D]

·
Registered
350SLK AMG (2005)
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok i have called Merc UK and told them what is going on and i am unhappy as it is causing me stress and i should be looking forward to recieving my first Merc not unsure what i will be paying for if, if i will pay for it, if i will loose my deposit, when it will come e.t.c. i told them that it was an extreemly unfair and un ethical business practice. They should honour the sale price and not pass costs unfairly onto the customer as this shows they donot have the customers interests at heart, I said i am happy to pay the balance before the end of the month even if the car hasn't come so really they have no excuse. he agreed it was a bad system hes calling the garage to have a word and find whats going on - watch this space.

·
Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
788 Posts
rickboy - 3/9/2005 9:54 AM

There was a price increase in the US Feb. 1, 2005. My car arrived at the dealer Feb 1, I completed the purchase Feb 2 and picked the car up on Feb 4. I was not charged the price increase, probably because the car had been invoiced to the dealer before Feb.1. I think you should be OK.
Rickboy, was that a price increase just on the SLK350? I'm ordering a SLK55 AMG. I have a print out from the Build Your Own on the MBUSA web site from Dec and just did it again yesterday. EXACT same prices to the penny? But again the was an SLK55.

What went up, base price, how much?

·
Registered
Audi TT
38 Posts
Well i am still waiting for the garage to ring me and merc UK up!!!! apparently merc UK have to give them 48 hrs to respond then the issue is moved up a level. I am considering telling them to stick ther order.

3 options remain in the worst outcome[}:)]

1, buy the merc and pay the £680 more for it even though on principle it wouldent rest easy with me at all.

2, buy a 2 yr old Porsche 911 carrera 4S

3, buy a cheaper car eg new MG about £9,000 then go get a villa in Bulgaria??????

Opinions PLEASE.

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
OK - buy the villa in Bulgaria, enjoy it for a year or so, then sell it and buy a new (model) SL - prices in Bulgaria are sky-rocketing, especially when they join the EU, and new SL should be awesome[8D][8D][8D]

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Bulgaria - prices at the moment are lower - either go for a seaside villa or an old farmhouse on the edge of a coastal town with loads of land('they don't make it anymore' - WC Fields) - prices so much lower than Croatia)

p.s. new MGF has handling as a no-cost extra!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts