Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[?]

OK, we now know the Bentley Continental GT is going to have XM radio in 2006. That takes care of that issue.

The final hurdle is "will I miss the retractable hard top?"

I love having it but I really don't use it as much as one would think.

What do you guys think? Do you use your retractable hard top a lot? [?]

Thanks for all your help and support.

·
Registered
2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
1,672 Posts
I even have the top down when it is 32 degrees out here. I learned a wool scarf and a wool line leather hat will keep you warm. Got me a warm Robert Talbot sheep skin wool line jacket from New Zealand.

·
Registered
SL 55
120 Posts
I use the drop top, whenever I can which is quite a bit, I live in Vancouver , BC we get a lot of rain but when i had an 2004 CLK 500 convertible, I'd drive that top down in the rain, not a drop on me or in the interior when on the highway, it was awsome seeing it pooring barely able to look out the windshield and be dry as ever, not to mention everyones facial expressions haha

What exactly is XM radio? is that the satalite radio?

·
Registered
A200 Turbo-C230K-S320 CDI-SL55-C63AMG
346 Posts
If it's not raining I use it. One of the best features ever introduced by Mercedes.

·
Registered
2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
1,672 Posts
scottcardwell - 3/5/2005 4:34 AM

I use the drop top, whenever I can which is quite a bit, I live in Vancouver , BC we get a lot of rain but when i had an 2004 CLK 500 convertible, I'd drive that top down in the rain, not a drop on me or in the interior when on the highway, it was awsome seeing it pooring barely able to look out the windshield and be dry as ever, not to mention everyones facial expressions haha

What exactly is XM radio? is that the satalite radio?
I did that one time driving from East to West on I-40. It started to pour with no warning and no rain got in the car. I was driving about 80 MPHs.

Wife was surprise that we did not get wet. I told her if we stop, we get wet.

·
Registered
SL 55
120 Posts
ya tiger it was awsome, gotta love that thrill some of u others that havent tried it really should, just make sure when u stop to stop under a tree or tunnel haha

·
Registered
2005 RENNtech SL600
195 Posts
Well I for one, or should I say, for another. would definitely miss the retractable top! I use it all the time and just like Tiger, I drive top down at just about any temperature 32-90 degrees, rain or shine. I love being able to have the hard top when ever I want or need it since I live in NY and rag tops just don't cut it here. I've had rag tops and they are estetically less pleasing and and noisy. Considering todays technology, rag tops are functionally obsolete.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts