Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1996, A124, E320 Sportline Cabriolet x 2
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the drivers seat in my RHD 1996, W124, E320 Cabriolet. Thought I could use a passengers seat from a LHD car if it would fit in term of the electrics. I have heated, electric, memory, mushroom leather.

Questions are,
Will it fit and have all the options work
I assume it will except for the memory as I am not aware of memory for a passengers seat unless the memory function is in the car and not in the seat, does anybody know for sure.
I would like to have an orthopaedic seat which requires a vacuum operated pump. Does the pump sit under the rear seats as in the sedans or is it in the seat already. If it is in the seat is it just a matter of teeing off the vacuum line for the seat lock.

Very much appreciate informed advice, regards to all, Inspector.

·
Registered
450, 350 & 280 SLC (W107), 280TE (W123), C36 AMG (W202), Brabus B6S (W210)
107 Posts
As far as I know everything must work. And all the devices must be under rears eat as for sedans.

·
Registered
682 Posts
the seat back rest and cusion are deffinatly interchangable, when i fitted the 500e seats in my coupe, i inadvertantly put the bases in on the wrong sides, if putting in coupe, then the button for the backrest relece would be on the wrong side though!

there is one little hole at the front of the base cusion that might need redrilling, i think the frames that hold them are not interchangable.

as our cars are from germany, the passenger side uk/aus ect seat is the drivers seat everywhere else, thats why the armrest on uk cars is attached to the passenger seat!

·
Registered
1996, A124, E320 Sportline Cabriolet x 2
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys,

Well I think it will work except for the memory function which will probably require the fitment of my motors and control unit etc.

So, I am now after a right hand side front electric seat in mushroom leather with heaters and preferably memory. Obviously one from a RHD car is best but I can take one from a LHD car. If anybody knows where I can get a hold of one of these please PLEASE please let me know, they are hard to find!

All the best to all, Inspector.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts