Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 ML 55AMG
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a 2000 MCS unit in my 1998 ML, the radio and cassette player work but now the stock 1998 Multi CD changer does not work. Does anybody know if it's a compatibility problem or is there something else that needs to be done in order for the 2000 MCS unit to recognize it?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15 Posts
No it will not as it is panasonic and your mcs is alpine. You will need a new cd changer...

No it will not as it is panasonic and your mcs is alpine. You will need a new cd changer

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
My 2000 MCS is Alpine (well the bottom half is, I'm not sure who makes the Nav portion). ...

My 2000 MCS is Alpine (well the bottom half is, I'm not sure who makes the Nav portion). It works with my Panasonic changer. It also has the optical outputs, I'm not sure if that is only for the phone or if an optical Alpine changer hooked up to it would work.

My understanding though is that the 1998-1999 cable harness for the CD changer is different. I've also heard that the 2000 CD changer is different, but I do know that there is an adapter that allows addition of a Panasonic changer to the 1998/1999 tape head units and to the 2000 MCS.

Hope this is helpful in some way.

PS: Nice wheels. [;)]

-s-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts