Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just like when the doctor says u have cancer, and ur gonna die..."I WANT A SECOND OPINION, DAMMIT!!!"

SERIOUSLY THOUGH, i noticed the angle myself, but the glass looks the same, just tilted back more on the coupe. ARE WE ALL SURE ON THIS???

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Why don't you just get a glass made for your coupe instead of rigging one from a sedan (like your parts car). That way you won't have to guess and you will have a good fit.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The Mercedes part numbers for the windshield are different for the W123 sedan and coupe. The roof is likely lower on the coupe, so the glass would be different. This was a common difference on the American cars in the 1960's, between the sedans and two-doors.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
caus i have a perfect windshield for a 4 door, and i dont have 850 dollars for a piece of Sekurit Glass, which i require so that i achieve total perfectrion. oh well, it wont work, so it will just have to wait. sucks, but oh well. unlike my wierd father, who has issues, i dont think that with denial and ignorance i can change the laws of physics. (anyone who is here and is younger 0-25 years, be glad that u dont have to deal with psychopaths).............

-a very pissed off justin

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sportline W124
790 Posts
karugs - 4/7/2005 6:05 PM

Why don't you just get a glass made for your coupe instead of rigging one from a sedan (like your parts car). That way you won't have to guess and you will have a good fit.
hey karugs! where's your signature?[:0]

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
tiger_biru - 4/7/2005 9:26 PM

karugs - 4/7/2005 6:05 PM

hey karugs! where's your signature?[:0]
Thought it was too big. I think the rubber seal won't fit, because I got the wrong part for the... [:D][:D][:D] I put it down for now. I realized it was ... too attention grabbing. [:eek:]

I'm just messing with you Justin [:D] take it easy. Sometimes, it's the imperfection and the pursuit of perfection that's all the more fun. Because when you finally get everything perfect, what else have you got to do? NOTHING. You now have everything to lose.

So sit back and relax. I enjoy my car perfectly the way it is, imperfections and all.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imperfections are an extreme nuisance. they are deal-withable, but still, after 6 months of looking at the cracked glass, care of a truckdriver, whose isurance wouldnt pay for it, it gets mighty annoying. also everytime i wash the car, or have rain, i have to go and look at my floor rusting further and further from the inside, due to puddles of water, it HURTS. imperfections are one thing, but seeing ur car, that u try to so analy maintain just being slowly destroyed before ur eyes, its easy to get worked up. just had a city zoner guy here, trying to threaten me with fines and stuff, all because i work on the cars here so often that the neighbor accuses me of running an illegal business. hard to run a business on ur own cars though i say. now iv been ordered by the STATE to stop maintaining my car. what a load, huh? [}:)][}:)][}:)]

·
Registered
2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
2,533 Posts
as an artist, aesthetics are my bread and butter!

Imperfections ARE perfection. maybe thats hard to grasp, but it is true.

ever notice how disgustingly "perfect" the japanese cars are? i will never own one because theyve bred every bit of character( read: flaws) out of them both mechanically and aesthetically.

people strive for perfection far too often and are likewise more than often let down because perfection is impossible to attain(let alone the personal preferences within such perfection.) i like to blame lease v. purchase percentages on this last statement.

so its on topic.. if your window leaks THAT badly, how can you drive the car?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dealer price for a new Sekurit Glass Scheibe.

sux.

it doesnt leak THAT bad.....just enought to leave small puddles after overnight, or larger ones after pressure washing her. nothing that affects driveability though, just an annoying nuisance. u sure are correct when u say true perfection cannot be reached..............i noticed. [xx(]

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
My car has a windshield leak as well, everytime I go to the washer it happens just the way you describe, only smaller (drops only). So what I do is just get some rags handy to wipe them off asap.

Part of the charm is knowing your car and finding a way around it. That's a perfect match, isn't it?

Ok I know, lousy excuse. Maybe if you finally get a good used windshield from another parts car, who knows? Good things can come your way when you least expect it.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if u know a junkyard in oklahoma where theres a coupe sitting around, i will go buy it immediately, and sell u guys the rest of the car as parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts